Click here if you are having website access problems ×

VX 1600 engine

masha

Does anyone know the actual capacity of the VX 1600 block used in the Caterham 7 Classic live-axle cars until recently?

Basically I'm wondering whether this car falls into the cheaper road fund licence category? (unfortunately my 1600k is something like 3cc over the limit and I have to pay the full whack!)

Just curious because another family member is considering a VX classic.

Thanks in advance

Matt (Masha)

Thanks

So full price road tax then just like the 1.6 k-series, darn what a pain that cut-off point is. Boo DVLA

... still, a small price to pay I guess for a year's 7ing

regards

M

I consider the Road Fund Licence to be wonderful value. How else would you get the chance to damage youir car on 5 million pot-holes nationwide while the ever vigilant councils pay 1.2billion pounds to the various road users for damages.

Low tech luddite - xflow and proud!

I know - hideous isn't it: especially when local authorities are now leaving roads pot-holed (well crudely patched anyway) deliberately as a cheap 'alternative' to installing traffic calming (because it has the tendency of slowing down traffic) - sad but true. The same practice is applied to on-street parking by local authorities. Still I guess anything's better that those diamond road-bumps that keep appearing in the SE area!

M