Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Racetech Gauges, lots of them....

Irrelevant

1. PT1612BA9 - oil pressure/temp, illuminated, 6 months old, as new - £40

2. PT1014BA7 - oil pressure/temp, not illuminated, temp probe broken, pressure side OK - £5

3. T11B7 - water temp, not illuminated, 6 months old, as new - £20

4. T11B9 - water temp, not illuminated, nut that holds sender to 3/8 bsp boss is almost broken, gauge works fine though. Bodge nut on (somehow?) or JB weld the sender into a pipe joiner - £8

5. PT1612BA9 - oil pressure/temp, not illuminated, nut that holds temp sender to 3/8 bsp boss is broken. But you could again JB weld it into a sendor housing or dry sump tank. Pressure bit OK - £12

6. B2.5BL - boost gauge, illuminated, 6 months old, as new - £15

For information see Raceparts website.

All plus postage if required.

Edited by - AdamHay on 10 Jan 2008 11:57:02

Edited by - AdamHay on 24 Jul 2008 08:56:51

Adam, would item 1 be a straight swap for the standard dial? I want to change the VDO Oil Pressure gauge for an illuminated combined pressure/temp one but keeping the existing pressure sender and adding a temp sender *confused*

VX HPC - Loud and proud here

Watch out, whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly

ric: No. These are mechanical gauges and have their own senders. There is nothing electric about them other than backlights (if they have them).

As far as the oil temp goes, you need a 3/8bsp male boss in your oil system - you screw the temp sender into this boss. The pressure sensor is actually in the gauge and needs to be plumbed into the oil system via the -3 fitting on the gauge. This is typically done by attaching a bit of braided pipe between the gauge (via a -3 fitting) and the oil gallery (via appropriate fitting).

Jack: Best people to talk to about K sensor attachment is Racetech. They are very good to deal with and will know what fittings you need to fit the sender to your engine. Fittings are quite cheap - normally just a few £

Alternatively, do a search to see where people have fitted mechanical gauge senders in the past. You can put them various places. Unfortunately, as I know little about Metro engines, I'm afraid I can't be of specific assistance.

Adam

I ahve just spoken to Race tech which are just down the road from me!

Can you clarify if the gauge 1 is illuminated? It should have an L somewhere?

How long is the capilary for the temperature sender?

Jack

Emily, The Very Yellow 21

Edited by - jackb_ms on 8 Jan 2008 14:30:35

• 6 months later...

Tim: OK - I'll include the postage. . . . If you want it, Blatmail me your details and I'll get it posted.

As far as fittings goes, it's probably worth asking someone who's used this gauge on your engine type where they got fittings - most will say ThinkAutomotive I guess.