Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Beaulieu - classic help and advice needed

jonsharland

I have some questions as I am stuck:

1. the breather bottle how and where do you attach it

2. where the hell do you attach the coil there seems to be no instructions

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

other bits of advice to people building this car

1. the prop shaft attachment bolts are 3/8 X 1 inch bolts with nylocs - i didn't have any by the way. so check.

2. managed to cross thread the engine mount humm engine is a tight fit.

3. expansion bottle is diffrent to the picture - think they just changed who they get them from

4. the clips that hold the brake pipes on in the back axle break easily. they need to be tapped into place then when they break keep tapping them in and this works. thanks blatchat - see previous thread

Hope this helps

Jon

Jon,

Breather bottle-anywhere handy lower than the breather - mines on the front of the diver footwell, but there's also a bracket on the right of the car below the carbs that looks as if it might take the bottle?

Coil- on the bulkhead next to the heater is an accessible spot and doesn't get in the way when you're removing the engine.

Paul

I rivetted the clamp to one of the upright chassis rails on drivers side under the upper nose cone Dzuz fasteners. This is then a straight run from the breather on the VX 1.6 engine to the bottle.

I put the coil just in front of the heater too - just check your leads are long enough to reach before you rivet.

Sounds like you're making good progress. Have you booked your SVA yet?

Cheers

Neill

I put the breather at the front of the passenger footwell. The windscreen wiper bottle is under the carbs (nightmare to fill up). The coil is in front of where the heater would be - this prevents problems of damp getting in. These locations were based on advice from Caterham Midland (Classic Carriage at the time).

It's grim oop north

Thanks for all your help

I am making progress all the paper work is in for the sva but have to see if I get the date I have asked for

Jon

crosses his fingers - I was hoping to be able to drive it to Le Mans this year but its going to be really touch and go if I have it sva and run in by the 13th

ahhhh always next year though ! not really the same though