Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Seven copy

Phil

In no particular order, except the first 2 because I'm trying to remain p.c. on this web site smile.gif:

Lotus

Caterham

W*******d

Silva Striker

Dax Rush

Locost (plenty of people offering production items including Stuart Taylor which are pretty good)

Birkin/PRB (think they're the same, but I could be wrong)

Fraser (probably only in NZ though),

I was out at the weekend and I spotted a seven copy and I chased it and stopped for a chat, the lad conserned was very chatty and polite but I did not reconise the car, it was very well sorted and impresive but I could not remember the name so thanks for your help. It was a Birkin 1600 with a few mods, cycle wings, 4 into 1 and a nice set of alloys, I am not realy keen on copies as they seem somehow out of proportion but this was good. Do any of you have any knowledge of the car and has it ever been associated with Lotus or Caterham, thanks for your help.

1700ss DeDion owner and proud of it.

The Birkin is a SA (South African) copy made from basically old Lotus jigs so it should be good. Vegantune were/are importing them and the demo one I went out in was well sorted and very impressive. There is some historical link with SA manufacturing Lotus 7s underlicence or something from way back so I am not sure but I think Caterham cannot touch them. Could be wrong, but hell, it still looks good.

Small Boy - with Loud Toy!

See Eugene here

and

Lotus@Herts hereid=green>