Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

tyres?

82 OX

If you are using 13" wheels go to George Polley and get Yokohama A021Rs in 185/70/13 profile. Excellent all year round tyre (they're actually a wet motorsport tyre) and only £40 inc VAT per corner *thumbup*

I've used thers as my road tyres for many years and around 20,000 miles and had no problems

Chris Alston

C7CAT 1800 Supersprint

R248.89 *tongue* ....and then I jumped in *eek*

I prefer to stay with CR500 *thumbup*

They are lighter - less overall mass, less unsprung mass and less rotational mass and they are the correct sizes

All the Superlight suspension and damper settings were developed with these tyres that were designed specifically for the job.

There are various threads debating cost and grip/handling in wet/dry warm/cold of different tyre option. I find the CR500 a great allrounder but it does work best in warmer ambients than we have at this time of year (Brrrr).

6SpeedManual *smokin*

*tongue*There's no such thing as too much BHP per Ton 😬

Yes I'd agree that you need some tyres. The car just won't go quite as well without them!

Do a search on tyres and you'll find as many opinions as there are combinations of four alphanumeric digits and the words 'toyo' 'yoko' 'michelin' 'bridgestone' 'avon'

Seriously, if you're feeling flush go for avon CR500s, if money is tighter go for Yoko 21s/ 32s. Some also swear by toyo T1s, I've never used the latter but have run toyo proxes on a couple of road cars and been astonished by the combination of good wet & dry grip, low price and good wear rate.

Martin

Aero'd supersported ex-Roadsports B...anyone got a cheap LSD/ 6 speed box?

I have heard good reports for Yoko 021s. My experience of 032s is they are great in the dry. In cold damp conditions, watch out.

I have used Bridgestone RE720 but I understand they are discontinued.

Angus swears by Yoko 032 and 048 with appropriate care in the cold. He's done 100k miles over about 8 years in all weathers, so i think he knows what he's taking about.