Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Throttle body for 1996 1.4 K series supersport

Simon Ed

My car was at Kenricks this week getting loads of new shiny bits fitted by Robert (excellent job by him *thumbup*). While there they found my idle problem to be caused by a dodgy IACV in the throttle body. Unfortunately my car is an early (1996) 1.4 K series supersport with the metal inlet manifold and the throttle body located towards the front of the car with the IACV inside it.

So has anybody got a throttle body with the IACV inside going spare or know of any Rover breakers that may be able to supply such a part? I've spent loads on the car recently and to not be able to drive it just because of a dodgy idle is *mad*

Cheerio and Happy Christmas!

Simon

• Area Representative

Rob,

If you're talking about the TB off your car, then it's not what Simon is looking for. The Pre EU2 cars have the idle control built into the TB, where the later cars have a separate Idle air control valve.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rob and Malcolm,

Rob thats not the correct one, I needed a big ugly thing with the IACV hanging out of the bottom. I managed to pick one up on Ebay over Christmas and fitted it. It seems to have solved the cutting out problem but it still is not 100%, its going into the local garage next week for them to have a look at it, I've run out of time and patience trying to sort it *redface*

Cheerio *wavey*

Simon

Edited by - Simon E on 6 Jan 2008 18:20:01