Click here if you are having website access problems ×

World record for wearing out a set of Red Stuff

groutledge

I think this might be a record but I just wore a set of EBC red stuff down to 2mm in wait for it.....

1/2 day, that's 3 half hour track sessions at Rockingham ( bad on brakes I know! ).

Thats using Wilwood 4 pot cailpers and EBC vented/grovved/spotted disks.

They didn't fade they just disappeared before my very eyes!!!

I'm hopefully going ot get Pagid to make up some RS14-bs for my calipers as they don't do that as standard.

If anybody has any pad suggestions i'd be happy to hear. I've tried a few and so far Ferodo DS2500 seem to be about the best.

It's only a 155bhp live alxe car so I was a bit shocked at the wear rate!

Graham

I see that on recent ads , EBC are proclaiming "new longer lasting compound " - guess these would get you through the whole day wink.gif

The EBC pads have previously had comments that they are crap - yet folk still buy em ??? , this with the grooved / drilled diskc would eat them at one heck of pace .

( Mintex 1144 before you ask teeth.gif)

dave

Edited by - Dave J on 11 May 2002 20:53:28

I have run Red Stuff for 3000 hard road miles on vented ungroved discs. They exhibit no real signs of wear - maybe 1 or 2 mm over that kind of mileage.

My previous use of Green Stuff resulted in fairly fast wear when the pads got very hot.

Using 1166F and 1155R I never wore a set out (but then I'm not that heavy on brakes - my car still has the front discs from 1994)

Fat Arn

Visit the K2 RUM siteid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>

Edited by - fat arnie on 11 May 2002 22:15:47

I've spoken to a couple of suppliers for Ferodo and Pagid and the consensus of opinion is that EBC pads are pants and that does seem to bear out my experince with them, apparently they sub everything out so that might explain it.

I'm hoping to fluke a set of Pagid RS42 Blues in order to "test" them for a supplier, otherwise I'm going to get some Ferodo DS2500, which seemed the best so far, I might try some of the more agressive Mintex though.

Graham