Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Replacement rivnuts

alextangent

I have taken the rear wings off and most of the rivnuts spun; a couple had pulled through from a previous bump. While the inner skins are off, I want to replace.

Now, I saw these; and they look just the job for the mashed holes I have. BUT they're only available in quantities of 1000 *eek*

Searching on screw anchors gets the wrong products; so where can I find these in small quantities?

OR should I just velcro the wings back on?

Alex McDonald

A loud 1700 SS in bits

Rubber Nuts??? How do they work then?
The Rubber Nut is a flanged neoprene bush with a captive brass nut and is designed to provide a shock and vibration resistant fixing for engineering structures.

Rubber Nuts are suitable for many types of application, from thin gauge metals to plastic components up to 30mm thick.

In effect the captive brass nut scrunches up the rubber to hold the 2 parts together.

I use them as well on my rear wings. As Mark says, rubber rivnut thingies, nylon bolts and steel washers. Next time a cone gets under the rear wing at an airfield trackday it should save the bodywork. Someone on here used to sell kits, although I think he's disappeared.

stephen

Edited by - stephen grant on 19 Dec 2007 12:52:35