Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SMALLER HEADLAMPS, ANY BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS

Phil

Looks like Alan7 should be the one to be able to advise us ?

I would if I could but I changed too many things at once when I went to small headlights to give any direct comparison.

I found the standard 7" headlights pretty miserable & looked around for alternatives & eventually came up with the following configuration:

SVC 5 3/4" carbon Effect Headlights - look better *thumbup*

Osram Silver Star Headlight bulbs (60/55W) - 50% more light *thumbup*

New headlight brackets without the extra supports (pre 1996)- increases vibration movement *thumbdown* Which can be a bit of a nuisance at high speed blatting on bumpy roads.

Headlights lowered by 35mm - alters the beam angle from headlight to road *thumbup* Thats as low as I could go without fouling the front wings at full lock.

Indicator pods & side repeaters removed & new indicators fitted to the nosecone see here to give a cleaner look. *thumbup* No I haven't had any MOT problems (twice) as they still comply for both forward & side vision.

While this set up is certainly a vast improvement for night vision &, in my opinion, improves the front look of the car I'm very satisfied with the end result but wouldn't like to say it's the ultimate performer. I think that's a matter of experimenting with different bulb/headlight configurations to get what best suits you.

How do you get the dead flies off your teeth....... 😬 R5AAH

Edited by - alan7 on 17 Dec 2007 10:07:27

Thanks all and alan7

I was told by my MOT station that my car [1990] does not need the side repeaters so I will be going without, ordered the brakets and the head lamps in 5 3/4 will be after Xmas, thanks for all the help.

*cool*

Helping and encouraging others rather than putting them down.