Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wings and stuff

Moderate Clam

Cost will be in the region of £350, the bulk of that being the rad. I'm reluctant to put that on insurance. What do you think? I only have one year's no claims. (I'm no expert on insurance matters having been out of the loop for some years).

Wouldn't it be great for Treasury coffers if the police could fine a driver for being 'a dozy twat'. It's a fair cop, guv...

Charles

Charles Charley Charles,

I would like to add my sypathy to the others... but I would get some help, due to your fascination with _van_ tyres. That doesn't sound to healthy... although probably easier to obtain than one of those long legged, short skirted, attractive women. wink.gif

Seriously, although a pain in the bun, it's not _too_ much damage so you should be back on the road again soon. I Hope that you are.

(get a black replacement nose, as they are lighter).

Edited by - moderate clam on 12 Aug 2000 02:14:48

Sadder still, it wasn't so much a rubber thing as wonder at how the nut, crank and winch mechanism held this wheel suspended.

And another thing, your honour: why do lorry wheel nuts have those kite-shaped yellow pieces of plastic set behind them? I also blame them for exerting undue fascination and attention distracting properties.

Charles

Beware Charles you are headed for the drug and alchohol soaked dissolution of deityship!! Only deities get to REALLY trash their motors, look at Alex!

The yellow things that are so distracting from 2 metres away at 90mph (sorry officer) on motorways are simply to tell the driver (of the lorry) that his wheel nuts arent coming undone.

This has to rank alongside the tiepin that doubled as a mini flashlight for helping insert a key in a lock at night as one of the worlds most banal inventions

On the 14th day, I did inded get a letter from the bank manager......

Still, what's a temporary overdraft for? And who needs more than bread and water? (oh, and beer and fags, and petrol - why are all the good things in life so expensive?)

Did the first 30 miles of running in tody and so far so good!

Alex Wong

alex.wong@lotus7club.co.uk

www.alexwong.net

Home : 44-(0)121-440 6972

Fax : 44-(0)121-440 4601