Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

help ,How much oil K with Appolo

ian.hoper

Hi Each

Just fitted the 1600 K series engine sump (with Appolo tank) ,changed the oil filter and done Oily's recomend on removing the sump foam drilling two holes in gasket , but chickend out of draining down the Appolo tank as read all the stories of those who have done it with dire results .Split tank etc.Was told once that draining the filter drains the tank ? How much then does the Appolo hold ?

Not sure that is so ?

So the big question now is how much oil to refill the engine with without the Appolo drained down recomends please .

Thanks

All have a great Christmas .

Hi oily

Thats a good guide as I think most boil had drained down so six and a half would be a good start do you think ?

Over filled it once and Christian had clouds of smoke out the back at a Bedford track day.No damage fortunatly but a bit disconcerting to the chaps following him.

soon went off so could not have been by too much thank god.

May I thank you most sincerly for all the helpfull postings others guided me to on the sump foam out etc.Been a very great help to this mechanical numpty.

Best wishes

Ian

Not a great deal remains in the Apollo tank once the filter is removed. Maybe 1/2 litre? What I used to do was refill with 6 litres, run the engine & keep checking the level with the engine running. If you have difficulty in seeing the level dip within 10 seconds of switching off.

Thanks for that link Shad ,will attempt to do the Apollo this weekend now .

Did affix a very powerfull magnet to the oil filter ,size of a £1 coin chromed and bought them at a auto jumbe a while back .Fit them to both cars .

Not seen them again ,chap had a good few so think they were a good investment along now with the Apollo having a magnet also fitted.

Seasonal best wishes .