Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rebuild Update

Mcalvert

• Leadership Team

As you may know (or have seen on the "fridge door" in this month's LF) - our car H5 URF has made a visit back to Arch for a rebuild. As of today she should be at TSK for painting and we hope to have the chassis back in the garage early in the new year.

Stripping the car was a major step for me, not being the most mechanically minded, so the rebuild will be another step into the unknown. The plan is, if possible, to have the car back on the road for the Llandow shakedown on 29 March, and whatever happens, ready for the beginning of the Sprint season. If there is anyone who is able to lend a hand for a few hours at the weekend in the new year to help make this possible, we'd really appreciate it *thumbup* We live in Burnham, between Maidenhead, Windsor and Slough, just off of jn 7 of the M4. If anyone has the time to spare to help - that would be fantastic - happy to make donation to NTL to help us get back onto road and track....

Many thanks - Michael & Tam.

Edited by - Mcalvert on 3 Jan 2008 12:37:43

Hi Michael

Should you need extra help I feel sure I can spare some time in the new year.

Mark has just help remove and refit my engine and gearbox *thumbup* *thumbup*

Keep an eye on Mark when he is handling small bolts above the bellhousing area 😳

Especialy if the clutch lever gaitor is not fitted. If you were to let a small bolt slip from your fingers you might end up having to seperate the engine and gearbox after having just installed them *nono* *nono*

Screwfix do a good price on GRIPPER gloves 😬 😬 😬 😬

Good luck with the rebuild

Robin

SUPERLIGHT 176. PINK LIPS AND BITS *redface* *redface* *redface*

Hmm race you to get it rebuilt 😬

Mines still at Arch at the moment, probably won't get it back till 2nd week in Jan, I'm aiming to get it all complete by the 19th March. I've even booked a few weeks of work in Jan/Feb to actually spend time building it!

Looking forward to geting it back, the 255bhp SV in the garage at the moment is OK but it's just not the same 😳

Cheers

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

Happy to come along and stand at the back shaking my head and muttering words of encouragment 😬 *thumbup*

I have all the tools, but unsure how to use any of them 😳 so let me know if you need anything...

I assume you have taken the chance to make some upgrades as well 🤔

Rob - has no one bitten at all on Miraz's car 🤔

• 3 weeks later...
  • Leadership Team

Right - According to TSK, I should have the car back ready for the weekend of the 12th January, so I know what my weekends are going to be filled with for the forseeable future

If anyone is free and fancies lending a hand in the rebuild, they will be made extremely welcome!

Happy New Year to All!

Michael.

• Leadership Team

Anything's possible, but I've a feeling I might get a bit precious about my nice new paintwork and not let anyone near with a beer in their hand (except myself obviously)... *thumbup*

Michael.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Leadership Team

A big thanks and *thumbup* to Mark Durrant and Shaun for their help at the weekend.

H5 URF is starting to look a bit more like a car than a pile of bits. Plenty more to go but Tam and I will be back!

All the best -

Michael.