Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

New Pace Dry Sump System

tbhall777

The first one mentioned has just gone on my engine (and was first on the road at 1030 last night!).

Note that this has not been tested in a car to any great lengths yet and there are still a number of issues to be addressed before I think this system is a goer.

I've mailed Pace (and was with Protune/Ratrace for many hours last night) with initial feedback and will wait for them to get back to me before posting further here.

Note also that the engine mount mentioned is currently only for the standard car with "std." 1800K. VVC engines and SV's will come on stream at some point (assuming the only problem with the VVC is the different mount) but I doubt this'll happen until after the standard system starts selling.

Confusing with the pictures of the engine upside down. Have to imagine that's me lying on me back looking up at the engine... then it all makes sense. wink.gif

Hope it all works out Andy. Deserves to. There's enough people supporting this.

The sump pan looks very tall. Does it give any additional ground clearance.

Does the crankcase run a partial vacuume to assist drainage from the head

i.e. head at atmospheric.

What happens to the original oil pump.

does the pace pump clear the cam belt cover.

Cheers Nudger. The pipes got me. Couldn't figure out how the oil went through the invisible bits and how you extended them to suit (or if you had loads of little tins of oil sitting throughout the car (would make placement of them easier).

tbhall777 - good eyes smile.gif. Answers are :

1) Not yet. But there's enough to get it onto an AA wagon (don't ask - not sump related).

2) Not yet (but soon - a suitable valve is being sought to allow it I think).

3) It gets binned (don't ask me details, the only link I have with spanners is my face and a bag of them). I'll give details when testing round 2 begins.

4) Yes (if you mean forwards of it which I presume you must do).

I'll put you on the ds list I have as I do a few more updates to that, though hopefully the next session will be the final testing one...

I'll also be posting a URL with pictures (of the sump before anyone gets the wrong idea, though I'm sure I can edit a few of Kylie into the equation) once it's finished.