Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dunlop D1 Alloy Spare

Mark Mackenzie

I'm restoring a Series 3 and have had my Dunlop alloys restored. I have two problems:

First I have no wheel for a spare and want to put one on my car. I'd like to have two, so I have a spare. Anyone that is aware of available wheels please let me know.

Second, the centre caps are in need of re-chroming or replacement. If I can find new replacements that would be great. Or, a way to either remove the centre Dunlop emblem without damage or to find replacements such that I can have the centre caps re-chromed.

Mark I posted up for a similar spare a couple of month's ago foir my series 4, never had any replies ☹️

So I wish you good luck *thumbup*

Ps

Because it's the season of goodwill - If you happen to get 2 replies pass em on to me Please *biggrin*

Thanks, the real frustrating part is that I had met a Gent in Vancouver (Canada) who had imported 6 Dunlops from the UK for his project (Ground up home build) and he had committed that I could purchase two of his extra wheels, but he forgot and sold them on e-bay before I could buy them!!

Arg

There are some centre caps on Ebay at the moment here.

Another Ebay seller usually has reproduction Dunlop stickers for the wheel centres - here - these look slightly different from the originals.

The wheels do come up on Ebay in the UK occasionally (I got a set last year) so it is worth looking or setting up a notification.