Click here if you are having website access problems ×

AO21 /32

deeps

Good advice. I bought 5 021's last year at Mr Polley's previous (Heathfield) place for £303, and two more last week for £130 (incl carriage). First class service, and they look after your wheels if you have the tyres fitted.

JV

Do you send your wheels away and if so what is the cost for I am looking at £10 per wheel to have the tyres fitted locally at the first place I have asked. I'm just about to invest too.

Brian

brianfyfe@ema.org.uk

Edited by - Brianfyfe on 10 May 2002 12:35:06

Brian,

For the first five, I took the wheels (plus old tyres) to GP in the back of the trusty estate, and he swapped the tyres over at no extra charge. For the recent two, I'm getting the local ATS to fit them for about £12 each, including bolt-in valve. I asked the guy to write on the fitter's instruction sheet "Please take extra special care not to damage the wheels in any way. They are brand new!". I'm picking them up tomorrow, so we'll see. You don't have to ask GP to do this, of course -- he takes exquisite care anyway.

JV

the ford rapid fit opposite my house fitted a set of yokies for free for me! as he said - he gets paid the same anyway!! :))))

he was even extra careful with the R500 wheels and carefuuly tapped out the enamelled centre caps with a wooden block.

ps - i ain't telling you exactly *where* in north london this is! :)))

Dave Hooper - North London

dmch2@lineone.net

before there i tried an independant performance tyre place. cost 20 quid and a wheel fell off 400 yds later as they'd not done up one set of nuts. that happened cos they fitted them backwards first and got confused unfdoing / doing up the nuts. they had trouble fitting tyre to rim as the sidewalls are stiffer as well. glad that was on my old, knackered, corroded minilites...

Dave Hooper - North London

dmch2@lineone.net

• Area Representative

Just bought some A021R's from George Polley for £210 inclusive of VAT & delivery. Cost another £40 for the five to be fitted with the car tracked for free. Brilliant!

Nick

• Area Representative

Hi Deeps,

Sure did! £34.04 each plus VAT = £40! And then £8 plus VAT for carriage. Bargain!

I had some S01's on a Supra once and they gripped like stink when warm, it just took a little while to warm them up. With these A021's they warm up really quickly even with the lightweight of the seven (could be MY heavy weight of course...!) and are excellent.

Downside is the expected 6,000 mile life but as the car has only done just over 8,000 miles in 5 years, I can live with tyre life!!

Ahhh! Just read your message again and I missed the size bit. Sorry, mine are 185/60 x 13!

Cheers

Nick

Put the new AO21R`s (supplied by Polley) on yesterday and have been taking advantage of the warm spell to try them. Really pleased, well i suppose after Pilots I should be.

Deeps smile.gif

Deep down you know it makes sense.idea.gif