Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Password challenge

The Village Idiot

With the discussions going on about passwords it reminded of a little trick I used to use on my passwords many moons ago. Here's a shedley challenge below is password can anyone tell me what I have actually typed (I did NOT use the space bar). Put that character in your passwaords and nobody will guess it.

PA  WORD

Richard

Every dirty job dirty dick does!!!

I use ALT + 255, it's the ASCII unassigned number right at the end of the ascii table. In the days before proportional spacing it looked just like the space bar had been pressed, but it is a 'non' character just like a little vacuum within the computer, very usefull thing when programming. Enter it on a password and it will be safe from people 'guessing' your password as discussed elsewhere here this weekend.

I have to say Mav you have won the computer nerd of the day award 😬 (and I thought it would be Myles who got it).

Richard (still prefering DOS after all these years)

Every dirty job dirty dick does!!!

I was away from PC land over the weekend.

Haven't tried it myself, but there are a huge number of online services that will only accept characters that are pure alphanumeric (i.e. no symbols). Most annoying.

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Equipe™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Years ago I discovered I had the same pin number as Mr WC ... he'd chosen his and I'd used the default one sent by the bank with a new card!!
Must have been helpful - reminds of Mrs GTD's shock when we opened a joint bank account and the bank sent her a Paying In book 😔

This space deliberately left blank