Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T - NEW Wireless router and USB Adaptor

Rob Morris

BRAND NEW still in box, bought in error (not very IT minded) now looking to sell on and recover some of my money prefer to sell on Blat Caht and do a favour before going onto Ebay. Retial through Dabbs = just over £50 looking for £20.... ☹️

Wireless Router:

Linksys - Wireless - G (Model WRT54GS-UK)

Broadband Router with Speed Booster

Pakage contents:

Router

Set-up CD ROM

User Guide

Power Adaptor

Network Cable

Quick Install Guide

USB Netwrok Adaptor

Linksys - Wireless - G (Model No WUSB54GS-UK)

USB Netwrok Adaptor with Speed Booster

Package Contents

USB Network Adaptor

USB Cable

Set-up CD ROM

Quick Install Guide

System Requirements (typical items)

PC with 400MHz or Faster Processor

128MB RAM

CD ROM Drive

USB Port

Window 2000 or XP with service pack 1 or later

Network adaptor

Internet Explorer 5.5 or Netscape Navigator 6 or higher.

As above looking for £20 for the pair to save them ollecting dust.....postage would be extra, so may suit people who travel through Shropshire.

Rob,

Is a USB network adapter a box of tricks that adapts a desktop to be wireless by any chance?

If so then I'll take them for £20 plus the postage - it shouldn't be too much, they won't be that heavy or large. Possibly better to send as two items rather than one.

Have we a deal?

Nifty.

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Nifty,

Basic answer is yes, via USB cable you can add stand alone PC's to wirless network. Obviously you would need to use the compatable router (otem item included which would provide the wirless network)

Best bet is to look and Dabbs site for abosolute detail. Will assume sold to you for £20 + post unless I here other wise.

Could do with your address for post or would it be better to drop them off at your M&D's? Assume you will be passing their place for Xmas? Again would need mail for address.

Rob,

I'll take them but would like them posted please.

I've a friend who is computer illiterate who uses me as her techie and she has just moved and was saying that the telephone jack points are not in the right place for where she wishes to make her office and was asking about wireless.

These are for her, so would like to install before I get back to my folks at Christmas.

I'll send an E-mail with the address.

Cheers,

Nifty.

Nifty,

Just to underline what Rob has already said, this box of tricks will provide you with a wireless network that will share out an existing broadband connection - it does not plug directly into the phone line; in addition your friend will need an ADSL modem that provides a RJ45/ethernet connection to plug in to the Linksys.

Just a warning to check and see what she already has in the way of a modem, as you may need more kit than this.

Now I'm getting confused *confused*

I thought the router had an ADSL modem built into it (as my Netgear box of tricks does 🤔

If this box doesn't have the ADSL modem built in facility then it isn't what I'm after .. so will pass it on to Mav.