Click here if you are having website access problems ×

"The Fall of the Shed of Usher "and associated tales of Shame and Confusion..........

Unclefester

What's going on? T'shed seems to have shrunk!

Is Barry trying to save on bandwidth, or has the Caterham Community been decimated by some virus which has rendered them all incapable of sitting in front of a keyboard?

Only seven threads? *eek*

Is that the point? Artificial restriction of thread numbers to reflect the Holy Number Seven? *confused*

Is it the weather? Is it like this every late autumn/early winter?

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds..ooooh hooo hooo!!...

😬 😬Abbey Road Time-Machine *eek* *eek*

Edited by - unclefester on 1 Dec 2007 22:03:20

In case anyone is possibly questioning why I called this thread what I did, it's because if you alter the "show topics from" box at the top of the page to the shortest possible period, you get the same feeling as the poor sod in the Poe story about the room which gets smaller & smaller as the walls close in........but I don't recall the name of the story.

Was it part of "The Pit and the Pendulum"??

Naaaahhhhh.......

Doubtless someone with a memory will be along in a mo to tell us what it was..... *wink*

Cagey,

Not entirely. I had to shut down an Alice subscription, and though I now have a new Orange line to another computer I can use, my normal pc needs to have 15m of screened cable before I can use it live, which means drilling through 2 walls, not an easy task with 60cm granite walls which is why I can't use wifi.

In fact, I can make things easier by using a bricked up doorway, and the second wall is block anyway, so it will be easy once I have the cable.

We tried using the house mains circuit with adsl/mains decoders but it didn't work, such is the weirdness of the network in this place, which was built in 2 separate stages 100 years apart, and seems to have 2 mains circuits barely on speaking terms.

Still here, though the seasonal flooding of the barn is scheduled for soonish.... *eek* and of course I still haven't dug the land drain to prevent it.

Never mind, your stuff's out of reach unless climate change decides otherwise......

When are you coming for it?

You SAID "October....." *tongue*