Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Play the game!

Mr Happy

Page 11 Motor Sport mag.

If you go not play by the rules then you will not play again.

The winning GT40 in the Whitsun Trophy will not be asked back to the Goodwood Revival.

The GT40 winner of the Whitsun Trophy caught the attention of the scrutineers and an engine strip down was ordered. They found that the engine contravention of the regs.

a further 2 cars had requests to check engine capacity but permission was refused. they also will not be asked back to Goodwood.

I think this is an excelent way to stop anyone from bending the rules.

if you do not play fair then you should not be allowed to play..

TM

Ok...47 views and no comments....I'll open the can of worms *tongue*

Based on your location 'checking on those 1.6k's' and you're posting....are you saying that you believe some of the competitors this year (in whatever classes allow 1.6k's) to have been bending the rules?

I'll get my coat *wavey*

Albert

No

I am sure everyone is playing by the rules. It would be a great disappointment to all if this was not the case. I have no knowledge that this happened or will happen. I just remember last year people making comments that are regs can not be enforced. I saw this in Motorsport and thought what a good idea. Let’s have a discussion. I think by the responses it about a year to late.

Maybe your thread has been quiet due to people not wanting to put their head over the parrapit for fear of being classed as 'moaners' or not wanting to upset someone who they think isn't interpreting the rules in quite the same way 😳

Now you've said that you don't believe that anyone was running a crafty turbo under the passenger seat let's see if some more comments are posted?

So I think stripping engines to be a bit severe, especially for our level of competition *nono*

as our regs are based upon a notional power output banding it was discussed that anyone suspected to have been economical with their engines output should agree to get there car to an agreed RR and with a witness get the engine output checked. This however is a can of worms not only from a technical POV (which RR, , different readings on any given day due to various factors such as temp, tyre pressure , different map etc), but from coming up with a procedure for how to handle this type of situation. Plus what happens if someone is found to be bending the rules, what then 🤔 and we would have to haved have the ability for someone to appeal 🤔 will there be a % to be over to accomadate say a class 3 car with 153 bhp 🤔 is there any legalities that need be considered...

Of course with the paddock banter and rumours there are always people who suspect others might be economical, but without any proof it is very hard to do anything.

If anyone does have anything they are concerned with they should bring it up with Mark and let him deal with it IMO, but that does leave Mark in a potentially difficult position if that ever occured...

but of course we are all gentlemen aren't we *confused* except the ladies who aren't of course 😳 so ultimatlety we have to work on a trust basis IMO.

Rob - honestly it is a 1400K with a standard gearbox and not some bike nonsense under the bonnet so class 1 for me *tongue*

Look its quite simple. This sprinting is all for fun. An odd 10 or 15 bhp between friends should not be a problem. I can not beleave all the fuss about big powered x-flows a few years ago. let face it its the turning up and driving round and improving your own times thats inportent. Winning is not encouraged in schools these days so let bring this great phylosophy to the Lotus 7 Speed Champoinship. just turn up drive, have a chat with the chap or chapess (not compeditor as this is not PC)and go home.

so lets chill *cool* *cool* *wavey*

Edited by - Mr Happy on 30 Nov 2007 07:28:51