Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Kawasaki Lime Green - What's lighter and brighter ?

DaveMorris

For a non metallic green : Aprillia motorbike color Verde Sport ( with clear laquer = 2C)

Or without clear laquer system : DAF H3694

If you want a metallic green Triumph motor bike color code HG this is a 3C system, this means a yellow under coat.

For bright orange metallic:

Ford PN3G5 Marmalade

Honda YR-563 Tangerine Orange

There was a Kawa type green in the Ford stable in the 70s.

[anecdote]

Years ago I remember seeing a Mk1 Crapi in that colour covered in bird droppings. We were scouts doing a car wash for funds, the guy refused, parked up and walked away. As we were bored we washed it anyway and where we scrubbed the splats off the paint was bleached. The best bit of the tale is that we were out in a nearby town that night, only to find that very car parked up outside *eek*. Fortunately he wasn't looking for us... *smile*

[/anecdote]

FWIW, still not decided *cry*

Latest decision has been NOT to go for a "special" or "more complicated" paint job - though they are nice.

I'm a "rough and ready" type as some of you may know, so the car WILL get stonechips, WILL get scratched and, unfortunately, most likely WILL get the occasional bike leaning on it. As such I will want to be able to touch up easily and have decided to go for a flat colour.

This has the added advantage of keeping the price down a little bit.

Current favourite is used by an Italian Agricultural / Industrial Equipment manufacturer (and no it's not Lamborghini).

X-flow(er) power now resting. Trying Vx for a change.

• Leadership Team

Dave - I've been thinking along similar lines myself 😬

saw this in Caterham Midlands on Monday (why is that damn place so close to where I work *cry*).....here . ..Roulette Green

I've contacted the competition manager of Kawasaki Racing team to get the colour code of the metallic colour they used for a while....apparently the team has gone back to the std flat colour *confused*. I asked if he had a few litres going spare *smokin* 😬

I emailed him too - i wonder how many have! His reply to me was that it was a special colour mixed as a one-off each time and there's no code or details available as the designers did it... Apparently they went back to the flat green as the metallic was not popular with the Kawasaki cognoscenti. His advice to me was that the closest colour match was the green used on the 2007 Z750 as seenhere

Dave, my fat mate bought Martin's hairdryer Blackbird Caterham and I can confirm Lotus Krypton Green is a great colour...you'll never be NOT seen again. Is that a double negative 😬 Would recommend it. Marshals can also see you very clearly when you end up in the kitty litter with said colour.

oi farmer you talking about me! *mad*

At least the hairdryer makes it to club trackdays and isn't too busy muckspreading or whatever it is you do.

Glad you didn't fall off that big ladder today.

Yes lotus krypton green is a lovely colour and I find quite nice to say when people ask as they are guaranteed to do.

I would give the lotus isotope a look as well.

Best wishes

Will (not fat much)

PS I bought you a prezzie today after spending 4 hours stuck on and near the a12 but i might not send it now.

I've picked a colour now 😬

Unfortunately it doesn't have a name -- Aaaaahhhhh ! ☹️

It is a flat colour though - and what is MOST IMPORTANT - SWMBO likes it *biggrin*. What more do I need to say

I'm not going to even look at it until all the bits have been painted.

X-flow(er) power now resting. Trying Vx for a change.

Krypton Green is *thumbup* *cool* *smokin*

Not sure about invisibility though! I was spotted on Stelvio Pass! Now if someone could devise real invisibility paint that would have its uses *smile* *tongue*

Dave

Glad to hear you have chosen a colour. If it is not any "other manufacturer's car colour" you could dream up your own name for it!

One of the beauties of coded paint mixing schemes is that one does not have to be bound up by existing shades. Devise your own colour, keep a record of the standard mixing code and then any paintshop can reproduce it in future. *thumbup*

P

6SpeedManual *smokin*

*tongue*There's no such thing as too much BHP per Ton 😬