Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

which battery 03 R300 ?

Jamie

My battery is struggling, despite being on a trickle charger all the time now its so cold.

It takes 5 or 6 turns to coax into life, with some kind words and crossed fingers...

Once started, all is well, including a restart after travel.

Just wish to know the best battery to replace existing with? Does it matter, shall I just get the most expensive one in Halfords?

Hmm, have been using the 'conditioner' on and off since I bought the car, will check fluids in the battery, pretty sure I have the right thing, apparently its supplied with Astons to maintain the battery....

Thanks for the highlight though....

If you have a proper conditioner such as an Optimate that is used by a lot of us then yes leave it connected whenever the car is not in use.

If you have a trickle charger then don't leave it connected for long periods of time as the cells will dry out.

Always check the fluid level once a month, top up as required and you should be fine.

Steve.

Sussex (West) AR

Not forgetting Percy the Polar Bear

Hi Jamie,

if your battery was in a very low state of charge maybe batery has had it 😳

NOTE: The XS800 charger requires a reverse voltage of at least 6V to start the charging cycle and is therefore not suitable for charging deeply discharged or leisure batteries. A normal discharged battery has a terminal voltage of approx 10.5V.

Try a meter to see what voltage it is putting out when cold may give you an idea as to condition.

Mark *wavey*

Car Webshots Here

I know that everyone leaps to the "Oddesy" type batteries at this point. But my MBE/R500 was complete poo at starting on a gel battery and excellent on the banner which I changed back to. The cranking current is super-dooper on a gel battery, but the volts drop potentially too much for the MBE ecu.

YMMV.

Graham

(geddit? potentially!)

Hi guys, thanks for checking back to the thread again.

Checked the water and thats all fine.

Just need a dry day or some time now to take her out!

Last dry day we had was busy performing duties for the wife! (no not like that).... *cool*