Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Armourfend

prs

I can recommend it. I have a pearlescent colour and it makes no difference to look unless you are really close and then you can only see the edges. Also didn't put wing deflectors tight enough to car body and there are chips there now but not on the outside where the armourfend is.

PS get the boot edge done as well. I ripped mine to pieces whilst building. Touched it up and put armourfend on. haven't had a prob since.smile.gif

Edited by - Phantom Menace on 9 May 2002 11:21:17

Thanks Phantom, did you fit it yourself and if so was it a pain. I'm considering covering the nose cone and rear arches. bonnet edges and was going to do it myself, Phil

Armourfend does seem to be good stuff - but at a price. I tried the DIY route but gave up on the wheel arches before I ruined the sheet I had bought, and paid them to fit it - more cost! Flat areas were okay, but stretching the material in two dirctions at once and removing all the air to get a perfect adhesion was beyond me and I used to watch Blue Peter! Practise would help but how often do you fit Armourfend? The nose cone, the fitters told me, is notoriously difficult. One of the main problems was the fitting solution they provided was a small amount in a tiny bottle with a pump spray - the fitters had garden-type pump up sprayers so that they could easily flood both the panel on the car and the back of the self-adhesive film, which certainly aided its application.

RGW