Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Roll cage and brooklands band.

Do you mean the aeroscreen stanchion?

I think it gets in the way of the front cage bolting points.

The SLR cage doesn't fit a non race chassis without mods. This I checked. The Supersports cage does fit and all later chassis have the captive nuts on both sides (where the FIA bar petty strut bolts on).

I had a look at a cage on a Blackbird at the Sales office. It had a screen on as well, so you can get one that will take both. The cage with the curved bars at the top appears to fit to the same bolts at the front as the screen, but presumably there is some strengthening behind somewhere.

Jexy,

When one is wearing appropriate footwear, negotiating roll cages and the like is quite easy even for the more rotund oriental.

When I was at school, you wouldn't have been allowed onto the climbling frame wearing a pair of moccassin slippers for fear that you would fall off. I remember the lessons we learnt at school and I believe they should still apply to the games we play today - or is there another reason for your tendancy to spin?

The Certain Chinaman

7X, pity you missed Wednesdays meeting at the Brook because you could have practiced getting in an out of V7 with the Roadsports cage now installed. I gotta say, as someone who's also not arrow-thin, that it's not easy. It's like getting in and out each time with the hood on. ... But the advantage being that when you do put the hood up, it's no harder to get in and out. smile.gif

Whilst getting in and out, I banged my knee 3 or 4 times in succession, enough to cause each successive bang to evoke serious cussing. And then there's the little "nipple" on the top of my baseball cap (think people call it a button). It's right on the top of my head... the softest and most sensitive part, and I keep hitting that on the damn bar too. That hurts too...

... So, the disadvantage of owning a cage is the pain involved in daily operation, regardless of its life-saving potential.

PC has just installed the full race cage, but you've probably seen it at Curborough. I don't think you have enough welded-into-the-chassis nuts to fit the full cage. However, you do have enough enough of them for the Roadsports cage. And that will fit with your Brooklands band.

Excellent Nigel! I can almost hear the flow of cursing words reaching me from up there....

I practised on Simon Ray's car and I reckon you could go out to the garage and do 10 entries and exits a couple of times a week instead of going to the gym! You need the right muscle groups trained for cage entry/exit..