Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Garage Clearance Hood and Doors

hillclimber

Morning Chaps

Winter Garage Clearout

I would have posted them here first but I havent a clue what these items were worth so i've bobbed them on ebay .

Hood and Hood Sticks

Standard Chassis

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280175866728&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=018

Doors

Standard Chassis

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280175868998&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=018

I'm based in West Yorkshire if that make any difference

They are on ebay - which is by far the best place for them.

No dibs, no hidden personal emails that may or may not have got to the seller before a "dibber" if only the seller had checked their email more regularly.

I emailed Hillclimber about the roof when it first went on ebay. We both agreed that we didn't know the market value of these items, and that an auction would be the best, fairest way of these items obtaining their price. I encouraged Hillclimber to post the link on here, as he would get the best price that way.

I am watching the hood on ebay and will decide to bid if I think that it represents good value. As they have been listed on ebay I would be disappointed if they are not allowed to run to their conclusion on ebay.

If you don't "do ebay" then that is entirely up to you, but the whole point of selling something is to maximize the sale price - ebay will facilitate that. Hillclimber is not demanding that you have a PayPal account, so I don't see what your issue with "doing ebay" is; your "reasonable offer" via email is an ebay bid to the same value - job done.

I don't do ebay because it is a pain in the arse, as is amply demonstrated by the regular whinges on here by buyers and sellers about failures to send goods, payment, cough up at the end of auctions, damaged goods etc.

However I am happy to arrange to buy stuff from a fellow club member via Blatchat, sorry but that's the way I am. If Hillclimber will only accept ebay bids that's up to him and is fine by me.

Tim

Edited by - Tim Smith on 23 Nov 2007 16:54:45

I do apologise!

I've been away for the weekend and come back to all kinds of emails and offers!

Tim Apologies for the lack of response, postage wasn't a problem especially for fellow L7 Club members...and I was open to out of ebay transactions.

I'm not a big ebayer myself but this time I didn't have a price in mind so thought it best to pop on.

Thanks to Mr Whitley who won the auction, i'll get postage costs emailed over and whizz them off to you this week Tony as i'm jetting off to Newyork on Sat for the week.

Thanks

Simon