Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Aeroscreen

Mr G

The RiF aeroscreen has an additional lip that deflects the air over the occupants of the car more readily thus resulting in a lot less buffeting. I have been in cars fitted with both and the Rif one is substantially better in this respect. *thumbup*

I have both Caterham and RiF carbon on my car and the quality of RiF's is just so much better, added to which he is a genuinely nice guy to do business with. Get the Rif aero, you won't regret it. *cool*

Brent

(aka Arfur Nayo)

2.3 DURATEC SV Reassuringly Expensive

R 417.39 😬

Edited by - Brent Chiswick on 23 Nov 2007 08:57:30

They are different sizes and this makes a big difference. There are at least 2 Caterham types, the JPE(old) type and the SLR(newer) type(in carbon or composite), but I'll assume you mean the SLR type.

Have you tried one on your car? With your seat height and your floor? The RIF screen is nicely made, he's nice chap, etc. etc. but the RIF screen is higher than the Caterham one and if your seat is low, you have a lowered floor, or you're a midget . .. you may find the taller RIF aeroscreen (or even the lower Caterham one) really obscures your vision.

Both aeroscreens are fine products but appreciate the differences, and how they mayeffect youbefore you buy one. I've had both, couldn't live with either due to the obscured vision, and ended up with a perspex race screen.

I agree with Adam. Try a few first! I've got the JPE type which is dark, but opaque so when sat low I can see through it if needs be. If I had a lowered floor I'd go for the clear perspex to allow me to see the front wheels to place the car accurately. Have driven a car with the RiF aero, an SV and didn't really like the fact I couldn't see the front wheels! However, nothing to stop you cutting it down to suit!

Dannyboy *tongue*

Your other option of course is a set of Brooklands. I've had these on my car since 1998 & wouldn't change. I've been in other cars with the various fixed plastic arrangements & personally prefer the glass Brooklands. The angle of attack can be easily changed & helps in deflecting wind & rain (plus the occasional big insect as well). It all appears to flow over one's head. It has been postulated that because there is a small gap at the base of the screen this allows for a more laminar airflow.

I've had Brooklands on two cars now. I thought of changing to a carbon aero, but found that I couldn't see the left hand wheel through them. Which was a bit of a problem when on the track *cool*

So not a style queen, kept the brooklands, they work really well and are great on a track because you can see through them.

I've got the JPE type which is dark, but opaque so when sat low I can see through it if needs be.
I know nobody loves a smart 🙆🏻, but if it was opaque you'd see nothing at all.

Sorry, the club pedant must be busy at the mo, so i'm just helping out *smile*

Dan

Per Ardua ad Omega

Thanks for all the support *wink*

We have made aeroscreens from 1" high upwards 😬.

For normal road use for customers from 5'6" upwards our standard version is normally fine, for lowered floors or anyone shorter the lowered version is 2cm shorter although I have sold them to drivers over 6' tall in standard seats and they have said it works well.

Give me a ring if you want to chat it over on 013873 75777 *thumbup*

RiF Driving one of the first Duratec 7, and building CA07BON for Henrietta 😬 😬 😬.for pictures of 7 and carbon andCA07BON

I have the RiF aeroscreen but whilst quality and useability etc where great from Richard i found my vision being too obscured so i am back running a standard screen.TBF the apalling weather in June july didn't help Now an interchangeable perspex screen in the same shape as the RiF carbon screen would definitely be of interest for me