Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Is it me or the dog ... help required!!

Don

... being inexperienced in both photography and dog training, I've woefully missed an opportunity to take some good pictures of Monty *cry* *cry*

Any advice on how can I take a decent photo of a speeding springer!!?? He's either a black and white blur or a dot in the distance *confused*

Seriously its in the panning motion and with pre focusing

patients tends to help as well,

Look up spports photgraphy on some digital websites etc

either Mr Davis , Myles or myself will find one I'm sure

I recently fotographed a friends pair of GRs, out of 100 shots I rekon only 15-20 were more than a snap and prob 10 had the complete dog

Paso fore steps out of the thread

I spit on your Emeralds give me SUs for now, then webbers

tried to edit the headshot at the bottom

Are these saved as low res thumbs ???

that could be cropped into a decent shot

If you haven't the software mail us the original

Edited by - Delbert on 21 Nov 2007 20:25:33

😬 😬 😬 Cagey!!

TBH Delb I have no idea what they're saved as - all I've done is stick the photo memory into a device and then drag and dropped ... I have a camera that I point and click and a dog that spoils everything by going off like a lit firework the minute his leads unclipped!! *eek* 😬

Notably most images on google are of stationary springers 😔

ramps up a Cuban Motion

Forget dogs and pooches with action shots and active spanerials the principles are the same as racing catrs

NOW AS FOR THE CAMERA FIND A NEAR BY MAN TO HELP HERE AS IT INVOLVES SETTINGS AND BUTTONS AND THE LIKE > THIS IS MAN TERRITORY

find the sports setting and use that *tongue* *tongue* *tongue* *tongue* *tongue*

trying to blur everything in the photo to convey how fast everything is moving to the viewer .... in this type of photo the subject is blurred so it is not often used, people aren't used to seeing this kind of work. And because people aren't used to this kind of work, I have seen many excellent photos like this sell for a lot of money.

Way heyyy ... so actually I'm a natural!! *tongue* 😬

Depends what camera you are using - I often cheat on my SLR and put it on sport mode.

But if it is a point and shoot with autofocus - that you can press the button halfway and focus then take. You could do something like.

If the dog likes jumping logs etc - (this will probably need two people). One holds dog away from log - you with camera the other side. Pre focus on log to get the length. Dog released - you call it - fingers crossed it will come straight to you jump log and click.

Delbert ol' boy

I recently fotographed a friends pair of GRs, out of 100 shots I rekon only 15-20 were more than a snap and prob 10 had the complete dog

You do yourself a disservice... there were far more than 20 shots which came out well 😶‍🌫️ In fact, if I'd printed orf all the ones wot were worthy of framing, Cadence Towers would look like the Kennel Club's boardroom *eek*

Lots of love

FH *cool*