Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Vauxhall 240 bhp Xe Engine for sale....

captain chaos

2.1L Vauxhall Steel engine for sale.

Mileage: 16,424....in 7 years.

Dry Sumped and fitted with twin pick up Titan Scavenge pump (std Caterham)

Ported and flowed complete head assembly by Swindon

Group A Std Valve sizes (springs replaced 3k ago)

Farndon steel Crank

Steel rods

Vernier Pulleys

Cosworth Pistons 88mm (new 3k ago)

Steel gear in oil pump

Kent 1605 Cams

Caterham In-let manifold (therefore suitable for TB's or Carbs)

I have all the bills..this engine cost over 7k to build.

In the time I have owned the car (all but the first of it's 850 miles!) the engine has always been well looked after. I have had the engine rebuilt 3 times, not because of problems but to prevent them!

First re-build was purely as a refresh by Clive Kenrick at around 7k. The next time it was re-built the work was done by Pride Engineering. They incorporated the 88m Pistons I purchased as part of Arnie's bulk buy from Cosworth. Mileage then around 13k.

The engine is currently at Bob Jones of Manchester where it has been fully re-built and refreshed (new shells etc) and Bob is happy to have his name added to the list of carers! It was dyno'd before the re-build and after to verify it's condition. Cost?... just short of 2 grand.

I have always run this engine with a relaxed compression, redline at 8100rpm. She has always made a solid 240 bhp (Prides dyno showed a bit more) with 178lb of torque.

I like reliability. I liked not having to take the engine out every year and have it re-built. The set up was for solid power, and a min of 7-10k of mixed track day and road mileage between re-builds.

Bob did say what excellent condition the engine was in when stripped. I said lots of Motul 300V and gentle warm ups *thumbup*

I am looking to sell for £3900 or very near offer. I am placing the engine for sale elsewhere aswell.

I am selling because of the opportunity to buy another Vx motor. Therefore, because I'm sticking with Vx, the anciliaries (loom, ECU, TB's etc) are not inc. This would be a great spare engine or upgrade to your existing std Vx car. A Bob Jones map is available for use with a DTA ecu.

I've not sold an engine before so if I have missed anything please mail me. *thumbup*

Thanks Chaps...

Especially from our past chairman and Vx devotee!

It might be a difficult time to sell being just before Xmas, but I looked at it this way..if someone was doing the project over winter..they'll have the money whether it be Dec, Jan or Feb!

I'm only really getting back 2 grand because I didn't want to try and sell it without knowing in my own heart of hearts, that it was all OK even though the mileage since the last re-build really doesn't justify it. All three times it's been stripped each builder has said it looks great..why not leave it longer next time...I'm afraid I come from the belt and braces approach which gives me peace of mind.

Chaos (Gaz),

Could have done with you at last nights meeting........memeber from Staffs turned up trying to find you ref your engine for sale.....!

Semed VERY interested.....especially when we ALL voiced our opinion of "more money than sense" with regards to bos toys.......!

I did get his number for you so bell me........he will not be home again until the weekend so no rush for a couple of days..!