Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Reduced to sell...

DMT

£13,000.00 - Decided what to use the money for so Serious to sell

PM or call me 07941096234

FULL SPEC

1.6 'K' Series - 6,500 miles

Road Registered March 1st 2007(less than a year old)

Apollo tank

2 x Tillets and 1x6point harness, 1x 4 point harness

Lowered Floor

Full Fia Roll cage(new design for 2007)

Fire extinguisher plumbed in (Under bonnet, footwell and Fuel tank)

Anthricte grey alloy wheels (with CR322's)

Red and orange anti roll bars

New stiffer chassie (will accept Sigma engine also with no modification except making a hole for the exhaust)

Engine cut off switch

Starter button

Momo quick release wheel

Full weather gear (hood, doors, Tonau)

Drivers side racing mirror plus convexed rear view racing mirror

Plus any bits that are in garage or house from caterham (I know I have an alloy handbrake cover somewhere *eek*)

SVA and post build check done by Caterham also, 500 mile service and 3000 mile service (I did the 6000 mile service my self making sure everything on caterhams list was covered and more)

Green wings and nose cone with yellow nose band - Ali body

Slightly dented rear panel - cracked wings all round

Came 3rd in Caterham Academy 2007 (1x 7th, 1x 4th, 2x 10th, 1x 3rd, 2x 2nd's - I was learning)

If you fancy doing RSB's next year you will need this car as only Academy 2007 cars are allowed to enter *eek*

Even though I had it delivered for self build it went back for completion by Caterham.

Sensible offers Please by PM or call me 07941096234

David 😬

Edited by - dmt on 21 Nov 2007 22:03:27

Edited by - dmt on 23 Nov 2007 09:01:35

Edited by - dmt on 30 Nov 2007 11:57:06

Hi Julian - I'm not wanting to get into a debate over the value of this specific car as I haven't seen it, but you need to be aware that the £16995 price of the Academy is very misleading - it does not include the cost of building, SVA, registration, tax, weather gear, paint, tonneau, delivery (and IIRC not even a seat!) so a new one would be 2 - 3 grand over the 'sticker price' *eek*

My car cost me £19,000 plus building(£2,500) and all the other stuff.

The thing is if I spent £1500 on the car making it show room condition and road user freindly I could ask £19,000.

You could buy a 7 year old one like the one on the Midlands web site for 14k

My car is less than year old - if no one wants to pay for it no problem I can still enjoy it and make a more serious effort to sell it next year. But if anyone is interested now let me know.

Slider you can give a 5k Deposit then 11k when you collect if you like!

The thing is if I spent £1500 on the car making it show room condition and road user freindly I could ask £19,000

A bit optimistic IMHO ... but then again, if you find somebody who's willing to put that amount on the table ... *thumbup*

Anyway, good luck with the sale *wavey*

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away” Antoine de Saint Exupery

Edited by - Slider@7 on 19 Nov 2007 08:27:45

Just a thought, you may consider converting to road spec, if you want top dollar and its still pretty. No doubt you would get money back for things like the cage and like anyway.

If you are selling as race car, there are championship winning cars of similar spec, for far less cash. (I know we arent supposed to mention cash).

Either way good luck, I seem to recall you performance at Cadwell was good, if I am thinking of the same car?

Gentlemen, as far as I know the seller is not asking for advice re price. He's offering it for sale at a price he thinks is fair so I think it best to leave him to it if you have no intention of buying. You wouldn't put an ad in Autotrader saying "this Mondeo is too dear" so please don't do it here. I don't have any connection with the seller but we should let him have a fair go and hold our tongues unless he asks us for advice.

If you like the car and want to haggle then as he has asked send him a PM and do it off line. *smile*

Good luck selling or keeping for another year or two zooming round. *smile*

Yes H you are thinking of the same car - it came in 2nd as it did at brands to.

Thank you Batteredoldsupersport I hope people take on your advice.

Also if anyone does have any constructive ideas about how I should go about selling my car or sensible ideas about price PM me also.

Many thanks

David

FULL SPEC

1.6 'K' Series - 6,500 miles

Road Registered March 1st 2007

Apollo tank

2 x Tillets and 1x6point harness, 1x 4 point harness

Full Fia Roll cage(new design for 2007)

Fire extinguisher plumbed in (Under bonnet, footwell and Fuel tank)

Anthricte grey alloy wheels (with CR322's)

Red and orange anti roll bars

New stiffer chassie (will accept Sigma engine also with no modification except making a hole for the exhaust)

Engine cut off switch

Starter button

Momo quick release wheel

Full weather gear (hood, doors, Tonau)

Drivers side racing mirror plus convexed rear view racing mirror

Plus any bits that are in garage or house from caterham (I know I have an alloy handbrake cover somewhere *eek*)

SVA and post build check done by Caterham also, 500 mile service and 3000 mile service (I did the 6000 mile service my self making sure everything on caterhams list was covered and more)

Green wings and nose cone with yellow nose band - Ali body

Slightly dented rear panel - cracked wings all round (still ok though -maybe not for polishers)

Came 3rd in Caterham Academy 2007 (1x 7th, 1x 4th, 2x 10th, 1x 3rd, 2x 2nd's - I was learning)

Great car starts on the button everytime - driven gently for a race car - I still have more than 1/2 of the original brake pads left and never revved above 6600rpm.

Even though I had it delivered for self build it went back for completion by Caterham.

Sensible offers Please by PM or call me 07941096234

David 😬

I'd maybe think about replacing the wings - assuming they are 'gel coat' colour? May make quite a difference to a buyer looking at the car (unless they are racing, they'd want to replace them anyway) and also the ad would 'read better' with out '4 cracked wings'? I appreciate this means spending money to sell though....

Then, I'd say £16,500 for a 'less than a year old' Caterham looks far more attractive.

Oh yes, and edit that 'full spec' up to the top post *thumbup*

www.mycaterham.com

here

Videos

here

101,000 miles car