Click here if you are having website access problems ×

X Flow bolts and flares etc

Terry Field

• Area Representative

Terry - the smaller machine screws that attach to rivnuts in the side skin are definitely M5 (8mm across flats). I'm pretty certain that the larger machine screws, that attach to the chassis, are 5/16" UNF (1/2" across flats).

Another good source for fixings at reasonable prices is Wright's Auto Supplies - they have stands at all the major kit car and classic car shows and can supply almost anything via mail order. Website here.

HTH,

Crudders

As Crudders says, the small ones are definitely M5 but as for the big one, a quick call to Bruce at Arch would get you the correct thread form and size direct from the horses mouth.........so to speak. *thumbup*

Brent

(aka Arfur Nayo)

2.3 DURATEC SV Reassuringly Expensive

R 417.39 😬

Edited by - Brent Chiswick on 20 Nov 2007 12:34:14

Terry

Best of luck getting the old bolts out without the rivnuts spinning (particularly the ones you can't get to easily). About 50% of mine did ☹️ when I did the flares to cycles conversion earlier this year on my '90 X Flow.

Once known as KAP but now I'm no-one *wink*

Flared wings to cycle wings and beyond Photos

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update. Bolts are definitely M5 and 5/16 UNF. I bought them from www.stagonset.co.uk - very small quantities delivered in 24 hours *thumbup*

No problem with the rivnuts *biggrin*except on one of the 5/16 which was easily fixed with a corresponding nut.

New wings, new bolts, looking good. Is it worth taxing it before January - mmm!

Thanks for all the help *wavey*

Terry

1700XF - Team Lotus with flares.