Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Clear indicator lenses

Flying kiwi

You are after the Defender clear indicator lens, the local parts department of your Landrover dealership will have them. Chances are they will know what you are after as a lot of seven type cars are switching over (they told me). I think the lenses are £1.33 each. Orange bulbs and you're done. They posted mine with the bulbs in a couple of days.

Where do you get the bulbs from?

I have:-

Defender clear front side lamp lens from Land Rover

Indicator mounting cone (carbon) from Caterham

however all the amber bulbs are of a different fitting? the locating pins are not set at 180deg more like 210/150?

Do I need to change the bulb holder or are there amber bulbs with the fitting as clear bulbs?

Should they also be called lamps not bulbs!

help greatly appreciated

the not so light Superlight

Edited by - K16 TOY on 8 May 2002 18:48:06

AVES

You are probably right to be a pedant, I'm not sure if the latest generation Defenders have all clear lenses or not. Certainly, I just asked Landrover to supply the bulbs as well and they put those in the post too - they must have a need for the bulbs in some application if not this one.

I fitted mine a couple of months ago, the lens cover, available from any Landrover dealer at about £4 incl VAT if I remember, everyone is correct, I searched high and low for 180 deg bayonet fitted orange bulbs to no avail but with gentle persuasion the others do fit, even with both pins fully intact (the plastic is so soft you can squeeze it in so it fits nice and tight!)

Tricks

Y57 CDS "Mutley"