Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CSR260 Oil Pressure Loss

Markie1

Mav,

In the paperwork that cc gave with the dipstick, it shows that full is half way between the top and bottom of the flat cutout, now if your level is 1.5 inches above the top of the cutout/full mark, and not spitting into the catchtank, then does this mean that the correct oil level shown on the dipstick(new) is 1.5+ inches above cc instruction, and if so are all owners running the car with not enough oil in the engine ?? Could the indicated oil level (false) on the dipstick be the root cause of potential engine falures?

Would love to have checked with my hand book but was never given one....... and i will wait and see what cc say about invalid warrenty if used on a track day because i think that would put off lots of new Caterham owners..... 😔 hope you guys are having fun with ya cars this weekend.... *smile*

CC said the correct level is the top of the flat machined on the dipstick. I spoke at length with various contacts inc CC and decided that for track work a little extra oil would not be a problem, and that if there was too much, it would end up in the catch tank. So far non has ended up in the catch tank. They did say that with it too low would cause issues.

should also state mine is a 200, not 260, but same principles apply.

also discussed here