Kumho Tyre Order

Simon.Rogers1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Definately softs all round.

215 prime wheel width is 8" listed down to 7". I guess they would fit onto 6" but they are a wide tyre.

I would not like to say that they definately will fit.

If you need a set the details are and costs are as the first page of this thread and they will be couriered to you direct.

• 4 weeks later...

Simon

Thanks for previous advice on the kumhos.Having slipped and skated round Harewood at the weekend on old acb 10s.Im going to take the plunge of getting the kumhos for curborough but have a local supplier who can get them fitted as well for circa £80.There seems to be some discussion on whether they will be eligible next year?Im running a 1800 superlight 160 bhp so will be in class 3 for the rest of the season i reckon.

Any thoughts on the issue of eligibility for next year and also am i right in thinking adjusting the front camber to maybe 1.75 degrees as discussed with Malcolm and any toe in?.Im buying the standard 1.5 degree de dion ears for the rear unless anyone has some seconds to sell. !!

Cheers for any advice on these points

Steve

I'd like to know who and how they are available at that price / size etc as I know the margins Mel is working to with no overheads. Unless its a mate of yours doing it for cost 😶‍🌫️

However whats this eligibility stuff. Is this MSA or Lotus 7 Club ?

1.75 neg is to little you need 2.5 or 2.75 neg with parallel toe.

Are you sure 160bhp is class 3 thought that was R300 trritory and Class 4?

Simon

He is sourcing them direct from kumho i think £79 plus vat for 175 softs.So will need to check out 215sprices .Think Ill stick with 175s all round for the moment He tells me there are two compounds presently.Is that the case?Happy to divulge contact details if it helps

Re eligibility ,just heard discussion in the paddock sunday but it may well have been re scudos or even Toyos for next years 7 cship? So kumhos from your point of view may be ok?

As for classes,yes it may well be class 4,will check with MD prior to event

Thanks for the advice on camber too

Cheers

Steve

Those prices reflect a profit as I would expect. Unless your chap is a Kumho "motorsport" dealer he won't get them. A road going dealer is unable to get them.

Mel supplies to your door the 175's @ £70 incl vat.

There are no issues for Kumho's as a 1B tyre to my knowledge.

Its important to hear all the facts regarding things that may be excluded prior to making decisions.