Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Injection Tank and Fittings

scooter

I sold my old carb tank some time ago... Doh!

Had actually started thinking about getting one of these TANKS and putting it up front in the engine bay (fitting an RX8 lump - very small). It's just a big swirl pot and will keep everything neat and tidy!

I suppose there will be a good reason for me not to though... there usually is... normally discovered just after I've bought the kit... !

Edited by - scooter on 13 Nov 2007 15:06:41

It fits Bob, but... you have to do a little 'fettling'!

I took a grinder to the gearbox and chopped off a fair bit of uneccesary metal (all relating to upper mounts at the front of the box which are of no use to me anyway).

Then took the chassis to an engineer who pushed out 2 pairs of the thinner vertical / diagonal chassis tubes by a couple of mm each. The 'bows' are so slight that if didn't tell you, then you wouldn't know they were there.

Engineer told me that I could have done it myself using a bottle jack, as the movement required would not compromise the strength of the tubes. I'm a bit of a scaredy-cat about these things so prefer to defer to the professionals!

I ordered a cheap aftermarket manifold from the States - £100 all in - I should be able to do something with it to push the exhaust manifold to the outside.

Edited by - scooter on 14 Nov 2007 17:22:42

don't supose you have any pictures of the gearbox work required?

Are the chassis tubes the ones that make up the back end of the footwell area? or further back in the tunnel.

You will need to give a lot of thought to silencing it, if its any thing like the old school rotaries, or you will soon be very deaf.