Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Clutches

millsn

Doubt you will save much just putting a lighter clutch on - the flywheel is where you will really notice it. I'd keep it and save for a race clutch and matching light weight flywheel.

Dunno if a Crossflow flywheel is compatible . . .. If it is, it may be worth keeping your eyes peeled for a used clutch/flywheel. Something like a Crossflow skeleton flywheel and twin plate AP clutch.

I looked about a month or two ago and couldn't find much. I've got the Raceline flywheel which is about the lightest you seem to be able to get in the UK. Burton sell this already as the lightweight option.

You can get a Ali flywheel from the US - Fidanza here

Let me know if you find a skelington type and race clutch as I am interested in doing this as well... I just got distracted by suspension upgrades *smile*

Phil Waters

not sure I want a race clutch Phil, just something biased that way. I don't need extreme performance from a clutch - borne out by the fact that the current clutch has shown almost no problems. It doesn't like it when you give it full beans though, seems to slip somewhat!