Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tech Forum - Topics for Discussion

Mark Durrant

Dear Mr Snoates, the Force uses a Suzuki K6 1ltr engine, that had been treated to a full race tune giving an estimated power at the crank of 190+bhp (166bhp at the wheels) & more for next season as its gonna be a 1070cc 😬

Was looking for the time Roger Swift did in a standard blade round Curbrough on his first ever drive of it....found what I was looking for here...Dave J's posting sums it up quite nicely I think

A few facts that I have found in previous years, a fireblade driven by brodie has been very close to my old 210bhp K on the same tyres and corner exit speed in a straight line upto about 100 mph( 32R's as it happens wink smiley) , Geoff Pickins Bird left me time after time on a trackday down the straights all the way up to 110- 120 mph and Roger did a 58? round curbuggar in a std blade on his very first run which is where a blad or bird will walk all over a 200 bhp K round the twisties in my opinion.

>

yes - there is more to the package than simply engine power at the fly.

The dynamics of a BEC are such that round the twisties it will leave a conventional engine - on the right track then they can be seen as equal , maybe MIRA or Aintree or any other venue where the BEC driver has a good night out on the Bow and spends £136 at the lap dancing club 5 hours before his first time run ......... *smokin*

Taffia rear gunner

and what about this ? or are we in read and ignor mode *rolleyes*

instead of free tyre size, why not simply go "free road legal tyre" ?

Reason :

it has been acknowledged on previous threads that the Kumhos are as quick if not quicker than the ACBA24 tyre.

Plus a lot of circuit racers and trackdayers ( most of the red group at club trackdays for instance) dont wish / cant run radial tyres on a cross ply slick setup or change the setup for each sprint. This reduces the potential number of competitors for sprints from the large potential class 5 pool at club and other trackdays.

Taffia rear gunner

Had a couple of run's round Curb on a test day in the Wife's blade, some unofficial timing took place (but still using the beamed timing gear) my times were in the 62 sec bracket.

Drivers excuse's as follows- The car had totally shot at old tyres on, car had not been set up, 5 yr old springs & dampers that whilst good on the road were way too soft, not fueling correctly with wrong jets in carb, driver out of practice etc, etc *wink*

I guess that driven very well with a proper set up, Nitrons, decent pads etc that something in the mid to low 59 sec bracket would be do-able *confused*

Edited by - DSL on 9 Nov 2007 15:06:02

Damn and blast 😔, I've been in hospital all week and have missed the last post - here's my tupence worth anyway:

I'm biased, but would like to see Class 1 relaxed slightly allowing some flexibility for the lowest powered cars (100bhp Classic Graduates) some modification to help bring them up in line with a Super Grad's pace.

To illustrate the difference in car pace take a look at the circuit times :

2007 Graduate Results

Al

Al

Classic grads already have flexibility as far as I can see because they are

Single cam engines up to 1600c.c.
and therefore do not have to stay in unmodified Classic grad mode.

Indeed the winner of the class and almost the winner of the championship was a 1600 single cam cross flow.

Perhaps what is needed is publicity on the point as per the discussion about the K series class 1 cars?

Neil

R287 Mobile Jaffa Cake- It's black at both ends with a smashing orangey bit in the middle here

Al;

The page you reference (grad/super lap records) doesn't represent the super cars running in class 1. We all have to run on list 1a tyres, so the differential is much reduced.

And could even be reversed - supers drivers don't know how to drive on concrete tyres *tongue*

R