Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

1992 vx HPC.

bryn7

revised price to £12,250 to go some way to sorting the sieskin holes out.

advert on pistonheads

here

so wont write it out ogain.

forgot to add on the PH advert. if i'm being critical of it. it could do with the side holes plated over and painted from when i did the cycle wing conversion

if i don't sell it as it is, i will probably get this sorted and advertise again in the spring.

it is a great car and reluctantly for sale. i would like first refusal should it come upfor sale agin *wink*

Edited by - bryn7 on 24 Nov 2007 11:57:51

Hi

I know a little about this car.

It was one I shortlisted when I bought my HPC & was my second choice.

It was listed according to my records as 175hp in the Caterham stocklist of 04/01/94 priced ar £19,995.

Colour/interior as is /flush filler cap & motolita s/wheel.

Cheers

Guy

Give enough monkeys each a chemistry set and sooner or later one of them will blow us up

hi guys.

Dave. not as sorry as i am at having to part with it ☹️ but as we now have a young 'un. i would like a 4 seater sports car or at least a 2+2. and at least an elan +2 is a similar bloodline.

ric, my car is a suzuki colour, flora red in fact. is yours the anniversary colour? i get ribbed at work, they say mines PINK!!! *mad*. i say "it's not pink!! it's salmon!!"

k8rum. that is interesting, after i got it, i traced what i think is quite an interesting history file through john passmore and DVLA (and of course photos from Dave *thumbup*)there are copies of the correspondances from Cat cars and the original owner who put his private plate on it 'HP7'. i sent a letter to each of the previous owners in hope that they still lived at the same address. the only reply i got was from a chap who owned the car in '96ish iirc. i'll check. he had the engine work done at CC to a cost, he claims of £1500 though there are no bills for this.

cheers for the replies,

bryn

Hi

I still have the original fax from CC.

I saw three cars on the day I bought mine & whilst I liked your car I really wanted the RED higher powered car at 218bhp it had a hard life so i discounted that one ( will check the reg tomorrow).

Your car ticked the boxes but CC wouldn't sell me the reg off mine ( K8RUM) to put on your car.

I really wanted the reg no. & I couldn't understand why CC never took the reg to put on their press cars. So I bought the car.

Looking back I wanted a cherry red / suzuki red car. I think CC had that colour as a press car/ demo car. Then I wanted a French racing blue colour ( as per Chris Rea's car)

So in the end I went for a darker blue- mine is an Opel/vauxhall blue that changes colour in different lights & having the plate.

If I can find any other info about your car I will let you know

Cheers

Guy

o

Give enough monkeys each a chemistry set and sooner or later one of them will blow us up

Bryn,

I have a similar HPC car with the same engine conversion. On the copy of the original invoice from CC when my car was purchased the 218 bhp option was I think just over £1000 in 93. I am not at home right now so cannot check the precise figure.

I understand the conversion was efectively different cams with the carbs adjusted to suit. CC tell me there was no machining work for this conversion so it seems like a lot of money. I would like to find out more techincal info so if you have any on the conversion I would be very greateful. SRE have said if I look at the cams there should be codes on them and they can then give me the info but I havent had time to do this yet.

Alan

hi alan,

the whole coversion includes, (hydraulic)cams, piston mods with deeper valve cutouts machined, ARP rod bolts, rejetted carbs and i think re-mapped ignition ECU. it uses the standard timing marks. the cams have P10 scribed into them if you remove the dizzy (assuming you have one) it should be there. i have a spec sheet from SRE detailing the 218, 225, 235 AND 250(JPE) bhp kits. if you blatmail me i shall see if i can find it and e-mail you a copy.

Bryn

• 2 weeks later...