Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

VHPD life span on an apollo

LawrenceR

I know this question is impossible to answer with the information I am going to give but I will ask it anyway.

How many miles is a VHPD engine good for on an Apollo tank?

Mainly road use but the occasional track days at Brands (I know it has a Long right hander but I am not sure how fast it is)

On ACB10s

The reason I ask is because I am looking to buy a SLR without a dry sump

Thanks in advance

Thumbs,

My SLR has run with an Apollo for 18k miles mainly with previous (racing) owner and not suffered any problems at all. It didn't run ACB10's though but was on CR500's.

Its just been converted to a DS system last weekend partly for peace of mind but mainly because everyone thinks an SLR whould have one as a "necessary" option and this will affect its price if its ever sold - very unlikely in the future!!

If the price is right for it and the condition (engine and bodywork) is good, then go for it and you can always retrofit as has happened with my car *thumbup*

TC

Superlight R #88 just as it says on the plate 😬

As ever you can't say how long it will last. Some cars with regular track use (stand up Angus and Tessa) top 100k, and I know theirs didn't have an Apollo from the start. Theirs is a SS so less power but the same cornering forces.

If the thing is in good order now with no rattly followers it will stay that way for a while. How long is anyone's guess, and taking the sump off to remove a big end cap is a bit invasive.