Click here if you are having website access problems ×

hotter zetec cams???

Nic Day

standard standard standard!!!!

nothing has been changed - head has had some work ready for better cams due to a belt snapping over a year ago - dont know the details of what was done but i asked for it to be made ready for better cams.

Other than that - as supplied with 45s

Rocket Communications - Events, Media, Video here

I went for Kent FZ2002 for my 2Ltr, this along with some mild headwork by AMMO took the power to 187BHP on 45 Webers with no loss of tractability. Any wilder than FZ2002's (which actually arn't very wild) and you'll need to go to solid followers I think. Your 45’s will need rejetting and larger chokes putting in as well to take advantage of the improved flow capability. Would also be a good idea to fit ARP bolts although in theory this is only required if you're increasing the rev limit, I just did it as an easy and cheap precaution.

Class 4 Zetec *cool*....and suffering withdrawal symptons

I reckon Ammo has some more wild that use hydraulic followers. Everyone I talk to tells me that FZ2002s are pretty mild (I have some) which is slightly depressing. Lots of power available with solid followers but it's expensive to make happen. Give Ammo a call, I'd be interested in the power expectation myself