Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Help - friendly MOT garage needed!!

AndrewD

My SLR is due for its first MOT shortly.

Does anybody know of a decent place to get this done, either South London (where I am currently based) or Bucks (where I am about to move). I am moving to a village about 8 miles from Aylesbury.

The cat has been removed from the car and I really don't want to have to put it back on just for an MOT if I can help it...

Cheers

Andrew

Yellow SLR T777XXX

In South London, I used to use Vulcanisa on Clapham Road (020 7924 9777). THey are Seven freindly as they are opposite a Jet station that used to be infront of Chas Berger (one time official Caterham repair agent).

Cheers,

Graham

Low tech luddite - xflow and proud!

Andrew,

As much as it is agaisnt my principles to assist owners of Metro engined cars, I would point out that unless Caterham Cars actually built your car, it does not need the Cat for its MOT. If you or anyone else built it, or a Caterham agent (possible with exception to Classic Carriage) you are exempt form the requirement to have a cat.

Take you reg document to the test - you may need it.

Fat Arn

Visit the K2 RUM siteid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>

Hi Andrew, I live in Prestwood, Bucks (about 10 miles south of Aylesbury) and had to take my humble 1.8 VX Classic for it's first MOT just over a week ago. I found a very sensible garage in Chesham through a motor trade friend of mine. The inspector took to the official book and found that Cats do not have to be fitted to Kit Cars and no emmision test is required on the same basis. E-mail me off-line and I will put you in touch them.

H7 CAT