Click here if you are having website access problems ×

wipers ? intemittent ?

RESOLVIWOLF

Is there a trick to selecting intermitent wiping ?

I have a 3 stage button, postion 1 being off, 2 is normal wipers, 3 is fast wipers. But sometimes when i turn teh switch to off, the wipers are running intermitently ?? And sometimes they turn off for good ??

regards

Rich

if you turn them from off to on and then off again before they've done 2 wipes then you'll have intermittant. if you let them do more wipes it'll stay off.

this means its a right pain to wash the screen and give it one wipe to dry off the water as it'll go intermittant. anyway - i went to an aeroscreen so i don't have to worry now :)

Dave Hooper - North London

dmch2@lineone.net

Intermittent wipe comes courtesy only of a plug-in relay located under the dash and will not be standard on all 7's - it depends upon whether this was chosen as an option from the Caterham list at the time of purchase or may have been added later.

There was a thread a while ago that talked about whether the intermittent feature ever came as standard as opposed to being an option and to be frank, I can't remember the outcome. Either way, you'll only enjoy intermittent wipe if you have the relay.

Pierson

In the mid-90's the intermittent was a standard fitment. However, the units have a tendancy to breakdown after a few years with the result that you cannot turn the wipers off once they have started - so a few owners (myself included) then removed the relay and now have access to single sweeps of the wiper blades if we want them...

Cheers,

Graham

Low tech luddite - xflow and proud!

I had a slightly different problem - the wipers were fine for the first year or so as long as I never used the second speed - if I did, they stopped and would not start until I turned the engine off and back on. Not good in rain. More recently the wiper operation became more or less random (with an occasional flick over big bumps!) so the relay was removed and I've lost the intermittent but the normal speeds (and off) work fine.

It's grim oop north