Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cycle Wing / Headlap contact

Nodrog

Just back from another great day at Brooklands (thanks to Tony and all the helpers).

However I've noticed chip marks on each cycle wing, where they have obviously come into contact with the headlamps (slight paint races on sides of headlamps too).

(a) is this normal, after a fairly extreme handling session, and if so I have to look out the touch-up paint, or (b) does it indicate out of alignment wings or headlamps?

(PS if the answer is switch to clamshell wings, I don't wish to know.)

Nodrog

N910 RPM

In my experience it is more to do with manouvering on full lock and/or over bumpy surfaces ie manouvering in the unmade parking area.(or multi storey car parks)

If you know this is likely it may be possible to move the headlamp mounts inboard if they are of the single fixing point veriety, however I have seen some headlamp mounts that move the lamp further forward to level with the front of the cyle wing rather than the higher middle portion of the wing.

Some of these appear to be of the single fixing point veriety but there are also some that have a second fixing point on the front suspention (and therefore cannot be moved inboard - but should clear anyway)

Nick