Click here if you are having website access problems ×

MSA Mag...... Cats now needed????

Jeff S

and what a total bunch of ar8e letter from the chairman at the front of the mag. That really showed that the people in the MSA who made this decision have very little knowledge about CO2 emissions, 'global warming' and what cats actually do.

It is just such a cop out and playing to the Daily Mail reading crowd of tokenism.

Still no mention of how on earth they plan on enforcing it, or what the definition of 'catalytic converter' will be. 😔 😔 😔

O/T but related - it wasn't a particularly great edition was it. I hope they are planning a proper obituary for Colin Mcrae because what they put in the mag was pretty short and hardly sufficient for a driver with his record. Thyey have given longer obits to their own administrators and committee members in the past ☹️

Don't get too smug if your car is registered before 31/12/99 as i see most championships writing this into regulations. Two reasons, one being a level playing field and the other being political/environmental. *smile*

If you race don't forget your FIA approved rainlight, now where can i buy one of those???? 😬

Rob

Edited by - Kipper Jnr on 31 Oct 2007 20:10:36

the other being political/environmental.

Rather more political than environmental - according to the EPA (who seem to be the only independent body to have carried out scientific tests) cats increase fuel consumption, and the effect is particularly noticeable on older engines.

But apparently the MSA can't let actual facts get in the way of sticking a £500 expense on their grass roots membership *rolleyes*

R

Of more practical concern for next year might be the note on page 13 on Overall Badges?

This seems to be a clarification for scritineers to check that the backing material of badges is flameproof and that they stiched on using flameproof thread and only stiched through the outer layer.

I only have one badge, the L7C speed one but no idea if it is flameproof? *confused*

R287 Mobile Jaffa Cake- It's black at both ends with a smashing orangey bit in the middle here

• 2 months later...
  • Leadership Team

Re the question on sew on badges on racesuits needing to be fire retartant and sewn on with fire retartant thread, we have looked through the blue book and cannot find reference to this requirement . Does anyone have any pointers tyo what we may have missed, or was this a proposal that did not end up being ratified?