Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Wiring loom

jackb_ms

Hi

A general question about wiring loom.

I would like to replace the wiring loom in my car. The car had traction control which I want to remove and use the 3 position switch to select which map to use on the Emerald.

It also needs some tidying up.

1) Is there a recomended loom maker?

2) do he/she needs the car?

3) what would be the likely cost?

Cheers

Jack

Emily, The Very Yellow 21

Chris up at the 7's workshop has a local guy (not exactly near to you) that he has used for wiring looms, I'm sure if you give Chris a call (01992 470480) he'd let you know who it is.

As to cost it's very much dependant on what you have done and the type/quality of the wiring and connectors. For instance I believe if you go for the top end connectors and high quality fire proof lightweight cable professionally made you could easily spend £1k+ but equally you can do it for a lot less than that.

Cheers

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

top end connectors and high quality fire proof lightweight cable professionally made you could easily spend £1k+ but equally you can do it for a lot less than that

Basic minimalist loom is dead simple and many have made their own.

Peter Carmichael's done himself a nice proper Mil-Spec dash loom which, complete with relays & fuses; will just about sit in the palm of your hand.

If I hadn't made my own loom, I'd be hastling PC for one, though I don't know if he'd be prepared to make/sell you one, but everyone has their price and you can but ask.

Specific answers:

1) no, but numerous people will do you a loom.

2) anyone who doesn't know Caterhams will need the car.

3) cost will be stupid . . . c.£800 min, probably loads more, for a bespoke loom from a normal supplier.