Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cross Flow

Brian Cookson

As per the current fashion i'm also going the Zetec route, so now have a 1700 Cross Flow to dispose of. Brief details are; unleaded big valve head, 234 cam, lightened / balanced flywheel, constant energy ignition system from Rodger King. When last on rolling road (Aug 2006) gave 108 BHP. Well used at 48K miles but oil changed every 2K. 6K self imposed rev limit. Oil pressure a bit low at idle. Still in car and running. Any interest out there before it goes on E Bay.

bc

• Area Representative

Brian - it's worth confirming whether the block is a 711M or AX casting as this makes a significant difference to value (if you're not aware the latter is beefier and can be taken out to 1800cc).

The '711M' mark can be found on the nearside rear of the block, and the 'AX' on the nearside front.

If it's an AX I could be interested, although I must admit to being tempted by the Zetec conversion myself.

Crudders

Brian,

At £550 could I have first dibs please pending solving the problem of transport to Kent and the answers to some questions?

Is the engine standard Caterham other than the ignition system?

Have any other modifications been carried out? if so what?

Has it ever been refreshed, rebuilt etc. - are all the bearings still standard size?

Is the (Caterham?) inlet manifold included?

Was the 108 BHP at the flywheel or wheels?

Thanks

Ian