Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Jaguar X-Type Audio Connectivity Module (iPod / MP3 interface)

Frying Pan

Had this fitted on my X-Type Estate and took it out before I changed cars and it works very well.

Gives you the option of plugging in an iPod (all versions except Shuffle) and using the steering wheel controls, a USB memory stick with music files (MP3/AAC/Apple Lossless/WAV/AA/AIFF/OGG/WMA) or any other MP3 player using L+R Phono sockets. It will also charge your iPod. It works by emulating the CD changer, so the 6 CD buttins select 4 playlists, 'play all' and manual selection (i.e. use the iPod screen to select songs).

Very simple to fit (installation guide included) and remove. Everything is hidden from view, with the audio connectors all being in the centre console. IIRC, you need to drill one hole about 20mm for the cables to pass into the console, and a couple of self tappers.

Everything is included (you may need some new self tappers, cable ties and some foam strips) for installation in an X-Type with touch screen nav and CD changer. The unit can be used in cars without these, but I think you need to have a fibre optic loop which I don't have. The instructions also say that the car mayneed to be re-flashed to add CD-changer functionality if one is not fitted.

These are going for well over £100 on eBay, and would cost over £300 fitted!

As mine is used, and I don't have the optical loop, I'd accept £80 plus postage at cost (about £5 in the UK I'd guess). I have photos if you want.

Please post dibs on here (rather than email) first *thumbup*

Otherwise I'll chance my luck on eBay.

Guy

See some pictures of the build here. 13000 miles completed!

Edited by - 7heavensoon on 28 Oct 2007 09:30:17