Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Calling Dave21P - (cos it's safer down here)

Neil_K

Dave, at Mallory with Trev you were telling me about your camera. I was listening (honest) but can't recall what model it is? I remember it was a Canon but that's it. Am looking to get one myself for mainly motorsport & long range use and wondered what your thoughts were?

I'm currently looking at Sony A100 (cheaper now the A700 has just come out) plus you can get some good lenses 2nd hand (I work right by a London Camera exchange) that are cheap as the IS is in the body and not the lens. Plus I will probably upgrade to the A700 in a year's time when the initial rush has gone and the price comes down, so looking for a nearly new A100 on fleabay to get me going.

What you think as your use is similar to what mine's gonna be?

It's a Canon 350d from fleaby (refurbed). The silver bodied type is an import type I believe sold as the Rebel XT.

It came with the standard package lens and I supplemented that with the Sigma 70-300 zoom lens to get most of the pictures you saw on the gallery.

Now - I know people on here will wax lyrical about better/bigger/faster cameras, but for the price I paid for the complete set, am laughing.

The only think I would change given a few more pennies would be to get an Image Stabilised lens instead - in good light the one i've got is great, but i've had a go with image stabilised ones at the kinds of speeds that cars were passing at mallory and the final images are just that little bit more clear.

he silver bodied type is an import type I believe sold as the Rebel XT.

Not entirely-true. Jessops (solely) sold the silver 350D in the UK - and only with the USM version of the kit lens.

Mine was one of these - couldn't wait for a black one to turn up...

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Equipe™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com