Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

About dry sump

jackb_ms

Hi

I would like to know if someone has a picture or two of their installation of a CC dry sump on a K.

Mine being a very early version is causing me grief, some oil is ejecting it self throught the bellhousing cap and I want to resolve this problem.

Cheers

Jack

Emily, The Very Yellow 21

Well you say bellhousing cap I presume you mean the screw on cap at the top of the tank. Have you checked the condition of the rubber seal in the cap? I think this has been a common problem though I've not suffered it on the two sevens I've had with DS.

Steve.

Sussex (West) AR

Not forgetting Percy the Polar Bear

That's a new (well old I guess) one on me. It the top of the tank to which it fits a separate peice bolted on like the later ones? Perhaps you could swap that for the newer on and gain the screw on cap that way.

Steve.

Sussex (West) AR

Not forgetting Percy the Polar Bear

Thank for the pic Paul

The part I don't have is the "black tower"

The oil returns are on the on the the part on which the tower is attached to.

I have some pics of my set up, I'm just strugling to host them somewhere

Jack

Emily, The Very Yellow 21

yep - thats the same as the one in my garage - its the original fitment without the coning tower . Works fine but the oil wont be de airated so well . I ran ofr 4 years with that and 8200 rpm and no issues.

It does work fine - it sounds like you need a new cap and or I suspect that oil breather hose is the wrong diameter and isnt sealing very well with the jubilee clip and you could have over filled it slightly and hence the cap is always bathed in oil ?.

Dave

here is C7 TOP

Taffia rear gunner

About 4.5 litres... normally, I slightly overfill and let the surplus blow out into the catch tank.

If you do a "search", you will find a reference to dipping to measure the depth of oil in the tank. A figure like 10.5" springs to mind but you will need to do a search to confirm.

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 230bhp Sausage delivery machine