Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

k series 140 x-power camshafts

pascoe

Are the camshafts fitted to the 140 x-power k series the same as those fitted to the m g 135 engine? If not where does it get its extra 20 bhp from over the standard 1.8?

CORNISHMAN NOW BACK IN CORNWALL

willie pascoe

If you believe the extra 20BHP, the 140 cams are the 1369 profile which is the same as the VVC exhaust cam / TF135 profiles, 252 degrees, 9.3mm lift, up from 248 degrees and 8.8mm lift.Two VVC exhaust cams will do the same job, or you can get them from Piper, you could also have your stock cams reprofiled to that spec., they are pretty tame. The other changes are a VVC inlet manifold and 52mm TB. The VVC inlet manifold is not matchd to the head so there is a large step between manifold and head face.

Oily

Hi Oily

How close are the SS cams to the BP270 and 633 profiles?

Are the prices on your website up to date? I might be after a set of adjustable cam wheels and a new cambelt for an 1800 SS in the next few weeks. I need to take the engine out to change the clutch release bearing so this will be an ideal time to do it when it's on the bench. I might also be in the market for a K16 Caterham SS throttle body kit at some point. Is this supplied with instructions and does it work with the standard short primary 4-1 exhaust?

Hello Willie/Irrotational. I'm a fellow Cornishman as well but stuck in Bristol. Willie, where do you live in Cornwall? My mothers maiden name is Pascoe....

CAB

Hi

This seems to be turning into a lost cornishmans forum

Iam now living in Trevithicks hometown -Camborne

The ss cam or the similar profiles are a good choice but you rarely see any s/h for sale

Thanks one and all for the information

willie pascoe