Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Pagids

StewartG

Just fitted some to the AP 4 pots, what a difference I thought the brakes were strong before with Mintex 1144 but the stopping distance seems to have halved and so progressive I haven't locked the wheels once. Now I know why they're so expensive... still at about a quarter of the cost of a new nosecone they could be considered good value.

I fitted some on Wednesday....very impressed so far - I haven't tried anything other than the Mintex before the Pagid pads went in, and at the moment can't see why I would need to.

Miraz

A small bit of useless info for you;

TMD make Mintex

Tmd also make Pagid - in the same plant, on the same line, in-fact, the only difference I can see is the print coming off the back-plate ink-jet!

But I could be wrong of course and there is a massive, sub-atomic change of material in the supply hopper. I dunno.

Bri

Well that is a low class slur.

Are Mintex and Pagid the same thing? Well you better start getting concerned with compounds because there are huge differences in coefficients of friction (Pagid about 15% higher and bigger temperature range) between, say Mintex 1155 (metallic) and Pagid RS14.

Have I experienced it? Yes I have. The difference between a newly fitted race master cylinder feeling like I had no brakes to an expected amount of retardation.

So the compounds are different. The branding is different. The price is different. Sounds like business as usual - ignore the slur.

You've only got to look at Mintex and Pagid pads to see the difference I don't care if they are made in the same factory they're as different as chalk and cheese. And another thing when Mintex pads are used heavily they give of a distinctive smell, Pagids don't.