Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SVA FAIL

wonderseven

Has anyone had their engine wreck the exhaust test kit?

My VHPD melted three probes at Nottingham yesterday and they refused to pass it. Another problem was holding steady revs during the test. Touch the throttle, without a load, and it revs like a wild thing. Where do we go now???? Help..........

Andy W7 VHP

Never mind Len,I've spoken to the all of them.

I get the feeling there are serious problems regarding the latest batch of VHPD units. [something to do with inlet manifolds]. Mine was the first to show the problem but now I believe there are two more showing the same symptoms. [Rev's are impossible to control with the throttle above tickover. Even wedging the throttle stop did not work] The guys at Rover have now become involved. I hope they sort it soon as I can't wait to let rip....

Check with Caterham if you are in the process of fitting a new VHPD to your kit.

Andy W7 VHP [in waiting!!!]

I am expecting my SLR kit to arrive shortly, so I am more than interested in this problem. Please let me know of any progress or further information.

I expect to go to Gillingham SVA centre. Has anyone else using Gillingham had any problems with their VHPD recently and the SVA test?

Please post or email me.

andy.checkley@alphalan.demon.co.uk

Regards, Andy